Jason Bateman fans: TiVo alert (Sat 1/7)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by lambertman, Jan 7, 2006.

1. lambertman

lambertman Incrediburgible

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    LOGO is starting up his most recent failed sitcom, Some of My Best Friends , with a couple of episodes this afternoon and three more next Saturday.

I caught one ep right after the channel launched, then they pulled it off the schedule. It's not unfunny.

2. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Thank you for the heads up! I used to have this show in my Season Pass List from the last time LOGO aired this show but apparently I was only able to get two episodes. Not only did the last few minutes get cut off of each episode, but then it showed "unavailable" or something for the channel in the SP after a few months so I just removed it completely.

Nice to see it back. The episodes I did see were quite funny!

*Edit* I just realize that I had missed the "Pilot" episode the first time it aired on LOGO (that is if they even aired it). Wow, that was *really* funny! I can see why the show got greenlighted. Too bad it didn't get any ratings because I think it would have done really well if the right people had seen it (aka "anybody").

Jason Bateman is really good in this, as is Alec Mapa.

Shows like this (that will probably never see a DVD release) is why I bought a home DVD Recorder.

3. spartanstew

spartanstew Thanks 4 the Update

Feb 23, 2002
    Wylie, Texas
    Wish someone would air Batemans first show (I believe). It was called "It's your move". It also starred the neighbor from Married with Children (the first one). Must have been close to 20 years ago and only lasted half a season IIRC, but it was very funny.

4. thebigmo

thebigmo Hot Doughnuts Now!!!

Feb 12, 2005
    Auburn, AL
    Jason Bateman and Jeffery Tambor are on this week's Dinner for Five. John Favreau's talk show on IFC. Not sure if it new or repeat.

5. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Is anyone watching this? I can't believe how much I'm enjoying it!

It's a shame that it didn't do well (I never even knew it was on originally).

Logo does seem to be airing them out of order though. :(

Of course if it didn't tank we wouldn't have Jason Bateman on "Arrested Development" now.

6. lambertman

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    the two eps they aired this past Saturday (1/21) never aired on FOX - they may have just seen the light of day for the first time. They are out of order, and it's a shame - the "Boomerang" ep was the best one of the series!

7. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I've been trying to figure out what the title of this show means (since it is based on the film "Kiss Me, Guido"), and the only thing I can come up with is:

"Some of My Best Friends...Are Gay."

Something a lot of people end up saying when they are told by someone that he or she is gay.

Sound reasonable?

8. lambertman

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    umm.... yep.

9. WinBear

WinBear Konner Kringle

Aug 24, 2000
    Carrollton,...
    At least Logo is airing the 2 unaired episodes that never ran before CBS pulled the plug. I watched the "Scenes from an Italian Party" and "The Marriage Counselor" episodes the other day, so that was a nice bonus.