J. River Media Center

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by ACraigL, Aug 26, 2007.

1. ACraigL

ACraigL Member

Feb 12, 2003
    Just trying this...

Does anyone know if it can started as service (for music/photos) and if the sub-menus created by JRMC that appear on the TiVo can be altered/edited?

Thanks!

2. ACraigL

ACraigL Member

Feb 12, 2003
    Nevermind... I figured out both. There is a setting to enable at windows startup (under general) and you can create custom "views" in the the trees, which also display at menu items on the TiVo (after the app is restarted).

It's a pretty cool application, actually!

Andrew

3. Austin Bike

Austin Bike Member

Feb 9, 2003
    Yes, I have been using JRMC for several years now, it is an excellent tivo server. I am going to try to install windows home media server on one of my servers this weekend, they have a tivo plug in as well.

Right now I have JRMC for music and pics and tivo desktop for video.

If Tivo desktop allowed me to set up better shares I would use that exclusively. JRMC allows you to group artist, albums or songs by letter, so it is:

Artists
    >R
    >Radiohead

instead of having to scroll through the 6000+ artists in my collection to get to Radiohead.

In addition, you can set up special filters. I have one called "Core artists" that only chooses artists with more than 2 songs. This clears out a big chunk of "one hit wonders" that I find in all of my lounge and chillout compilations.

JRMC is the best tool available to manage media over tivo.

4. Sturmie

Sturmie Commander Cool

Jun 11, 2007
    will JRMC 12 display album art on the Tivo? i really like that about Galleon, but JRMC is muuuuuuch smoother than Galleon and seems to be more stable.