I've spent 2 hours looking for answer to this:

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by barb1948, Oct 14, 2007.

1. barb1948

barb1948 Willing

Oct 14, 2007
    Boulder, CO

Advertisements

I know the answer is in here somewhere, and I didn't want to bother you guys since it seems a pretty strict rule to not ask a question already answered, but I've been unable to find the specific instructions for hooking up my;

TIVO SERIES 2 TO:

HDTV with 3 HDMI ports
    with a Cablevision HD box
    and a DVD PLAYER.

I haven't seen any posts with using an HDMI Cable... And I do not have the HD TIVO, and I know I cannot get HD with my Series 2, but just for now, I want to hook this all up-And I want the the cable from the wall to go directly into Cable box and the HDMI cable directly into the TV: This way, as Iunderstand it, I am not losing any visual with the HD picture by using splitters -- so far. So now I think I can take the coax cable from Cable box into the TIVO, and from TIVO to the HDTV. So far so good? Now, how do I get to watch live tv and record on tivo at the same time.? Many thanks for the help, and I'm sorry if I am repeating a queation:

2. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse
    Scratch your plan. You really shouldn't connect the cable box to both your TV and your Tivo. The Tivo needs to have sole control over the cable box.