It's Official - Breaking Bad will end next season on AMC w/16 eps

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Bierboy, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
  2. dbranco

dbranco Active Member

Nov 20, 2003
    NH
    So Sad! I love this show!

3. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    I love the show, but I am glad it will be ending. This isn't the type of show that should drag on forever. At some point, Walt and Jesse are going to retire, get caught, or die. I'm curious to see how things will eventually wrap up.

4. billboard_NE

billboard_NE North Shore MA

May 18, 2005
    I am in favor of a wrap up plan also, nothing worse than a show eventually going down hill and getting canceled. Breaking Bad is a looong way from that but a planned end gives the writers something to shoot for and plan out slowly.

I am a Big Fan so happy it is staying an AMC with 16 episodes!

5. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    I just hope our cableco gets off its lazy a$$ and gives us BB on AMC in HD for the final season...

6. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    This is very good news, I think. I love this show; probably my favorite on TV. While I'm sad that it will be ending, I'm thrilled it has a finite set end-point known well in advance and roughly consistent with Vince Gilligan's timeline. Reminds me of LOST bargaining for an end-date. That was a good thing, too.

Looks like it's nearing time for us to fasten our tray-tables and return our seats to their full upright positions. We're coming in on the final descent. I, for one, hope it is going to be a bumpy ride.

7. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Just so long as Walt doesn't wake up and discover this was all a dream. AT least the show's ending before they bring in a smart aleck kid in an attempt to boost ratings.

8. Legion

Legion Member

Aug 24, 2005
    "Whatchoo talking 'bout?"

9. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Nah. Walt Jr. get dragged into taking over the business, moves to Lake Tahoe, and struggles to make the family business 100% legit. :D

10. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Not surprising it's ending. After all, how long can a story about a guy with terminal lung cancer be stretched out.

11. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    It can be stretched out for years....when he's in remission....

12. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I'm glad they have a plan. Six seasons is a good run. It's nice when a show can end on their own terms.

This reminds me of the way Six Feet Under was ended. They made the decision to end while the show was still popular. To this day, it's the greatest ending a series has ever had.