It's a time thing

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by jpcamaro70, Dec 23, 2011.

1. jpcamaro70

jpcamaro70 Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Seriously, this is about time or a clock.

Years ago every device had a clock on th front, which i'm glad they eliminated most of them. But now i have none (never thought that would happen).

Not usually a problem but tiVo will only display the time when you press info on the show or when you are in the guide. If you are in the menu or my shows, there is no clock anywhere. This is a hassle.

My samsung BD has no clock, nor does the Onkyo reciever. But i've gotten used to a clock being on the outside of the unit.

Does this bother anyone else or is it just me?

2. bikegeek

bikegeek Member

Dec 28, 2006
    Amesbury, MA
    I just replaced my Series 3 with a Premier Elite, I can't believe how much I miss the clock on the front. I never realized how much I looked at it.

3. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    It doesn't bother me, I use the Tivos' on screen clock.

To activate, start by playing a pre-recorded program. Next, push <Select> <Play> <Select> <9> <Select> on the remote.

4. Jstkiddn

Jstkiddn Shutity up up up

Oct 15, 2003
    :eek: How have I had TiVo all these years and I never knew about this!

Thanks!

5. jpcamaro70

jpcamaro70 Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Thats a neat little trick. I'd like it though if it just showed the current time static rather than counting the seconds down and the show time down, plus the time it is when it's recorded and that temperature. It's a little busy, anyway to modify info on that?

6. angel35

angel35 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    NEW YORK CITY
    Looks like you cant please every one

7. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Even though we have 2 S3 with the displays on them they are low on our TV stand so we placed an atomic clock on the stand as well which has the benefit of showing inside and outside temperature.

[​IMG]

Scott

8. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I'm going to have to buy a clock. I also moved from a S3 to a Premiere Elite and I miss the clock a lot. My TiVo is right next to my Comcast DVR, but if I have that paused, the front display says "PAU" instead of the time.

9. ltxi

ltxi New Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Colorado
    My antique Sligh table clock perched on top of a Bose 901 sitting just to the right of the flat panel console/stand does a more than adequate job. ;)