Itouch or Zune?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by occraig, May 12, 2008.

1. occraig

occraig New Member

Jul 8, 2007

Advertisements

I already have a 8gb itouch and I liked it but I also have a $200 gift card for sharper image and I can not find anything I want. The zune offers 80gb.

My question is: when you have a show on your tivo and transfer it from tivotogo which item has the better picture? itouch or zune? I already paid fulll price for my tivo desktop so i convert either.......

I cant think of anything else to buy at sharper image before they go under

thanks for your help

2. xboard07

xboard07 New Member

Dec 15, 2007
    Do they have the Samsung P2 touch mp3 player? I have one and love it. I have reformatted where you don't need any software to sync to it. Just drag and drop in windows explorer. www.anythingbutipod.com

3. Lupin

Lupin Tivo Fan

Apr 3, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I've had both, iPod Touch has a better screen by far. Its more vibrant. A good comparison actually is thinking of going from CRT (Zune) to LCD (iPod Touch) as the how different they are and in what way they are different.

4. jon01

jon01 Member

Jan 4, 2005
    long...
    had the itouch myself loved it. recently upgraded to the iphone, awesome :)

- Jon

5. Lupin

Lupin Tivo Fan

Apr 3, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ

Advertisements

Same here jon. I actually dropped my ipod touch in water and was like oh well they will never take this back I guess I <i>have</i> to go out and get an iphone now. Then a week ago I went ahead and tried to return it at the apple store to use as a cheap mothers day gift and it worked :D Now the 3G should be out maybe even tomorrow and I think ill have to upgrade lol.

6. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Fairfax, VA
    I kinda like the Zune, but it doesn't make sense to have both devices - since you already have the Touch, I'd stick with that unless you really want a Zune Pass subscription (plus FM). As an aside, I don't believe the Plus key is needed for the Zune - WMV conversations should be handled through WMP by default.

7. occraig

occraig New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    I have a $200 gift card and shaper image and this is the only item i could think of getting. also moving from a 8gb itouch to a 80gb zune would be nice to have all that other space

8. logicman1

logicman1 New Member

Jan 10, 2008
    Carmel, NY
    Not sure if this affects your decision or what impact it might have. From the May 8th NY Times:

9. hddude55

hddude55 New Member

Jan 4, 2007
    Phoenix
    www.anythingbutipod.com?? You must be putting me on. Bill Gates would love that site. While I'm not one of the Mac-addict crowd who believes Apple is the white knight fighting Gates' evil empire, it does seem a bit odd to devote a website to attacking Apple's cash cow. Apple may only be a pesky gnat to Gates, but they are about the only gnat out there. Heaven forbid if they go under. I realize iPods are not computers but the revenue from them has allowed Apple to be profitable and develop other lines of business including Mac computers. Maybe www.anythingbutipod.com is paid for by Microsoft. :)

10. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Fairfax, VA
    That story was later refuted by MS. Though, who knows...