It looks like the Roamio OTA is out of stock

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by tarheelblue32, Oct 18, 2015.

1. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    I guess this is the end of the Roamio OTA. It is no longer available on TiVo's website or on Amazon.

https://www.tivo.com/shop/outlet#dvrs

I would expect the Bolt OTA/Aereo to be released before long.

2. tgenius

tgenius Member

Sep 14, 2006
    For what it's worth. I have my OTA on order from Amazon and was told they are expecting stock next week which should hopefully ship soon!

3. tarheelblue32

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    Well that's good. Maybe TiVo is shipping off what OTAs they have left to Amazon so sell with lifetime. Amazon still has the $300 OTA lifetime available for backorder, but Amazon says the $50 OTA without service is no longer available from them at all. If anyone still wants the $300 Roamio OTA w/lifetime, I suggest you order soon before they are all gone for good.

4. tgenius

tgenius Member

Sep 14, 2006
    To follow up on this, got the email that I should be getting my Roamio OTA on Thursday. I also ordered a broken roamio basic off ebay to take the cablecard slot of of too just in case. :D

5. tarheelblue32

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    Just curious, how much did you pay for the broken Roamio?

6. duckman2000

duckman2000 New Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Someone posted on one of the deal sites today (Monday 10/19) that the Amazon OTA $299 deal "is back on sale and in stock to ship this week at Amazon (based on my shipping estimate). For those that missed out earlier this month, purchase it and it should ship this week. It says temporarily out of stock, but they're getting a shipment this week."

7. tgenius

tgenius Member

Sep 14, 2006
    it appears to be kinda expensive. The unit is functional but the drive is going bad, but I paid $72 bucks (with free shipping) including remote and power brick, so it's actually not too bad, though I'm sure more expensive then it was before.

8. spaldingclan

spaldingclan Member

Aug 22, 2012
    shoot I have a fully functional 1 tb Bast model(I upgraded the HD) on ebay for $99

9. tgenius

tgenius Member

Sep 14, 2006
    I believe that you gave me a counteroffer, before I won that auction that I had won! :D

10. henryr10

henryr10 New Member

Aug 20, 2015
    Well if Roamio OTA's are no longer available I'll sell you mine, w/ lifetime, for say $750.00.. lol!

Seriously it's a great unit and the WiFi streaming is KILLER.
    Netflix and Amazon Prime have never hiccupped once.
    Got a new Sony Blueray player yesterday w/ Super Wireless.... hooked it up to the LAN.
    Froze or jittered all night on wireless.

11. JBinSD

JBinSD Member

Oct 4, 2015
    I'm seriously looking for a Roamio, with lifetime, at a "reasonable" price. Missing the boat on the refurb with lifetime for $300 was painful, I guess how much extra I'll haveta pay to get one will define the depths of my pain, lol.:rolleyes:

12. raqball

raqball New Member

Feb 23, 2015
    Amazon still has the OTA with lifetime for $300..

They are on back-order at the moment but I'd bet they get them in this week or next.

13. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
  14. TivoDVRGuy

TivoDVRGuy New Member

Oct 12, 2015
    Non lifetime units are also now available via Amazon

15. ddehr026

ddehr026 New Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Just ordered one of these. I currently have a Roamio basic running without a cable subscription, just get the network channels. When i cancelled cable, Time Warner never took back the cablecard or tuning adapter, which are still hooked up to the tivo. I'm getting all network channels without an antenna or anything, just through the coax into the house. Do i need to do anything different with the OTA? I was thinking i need to switch over the cablecard slot and cablecard and hook up the tuning adapter again? Or can i just plug in the OTA to the coax and I'll get all the networks come in again? But without the cablecard I won't get guide though, right? Sorry - lots of questions. I can probably figure all this out once I get the OTA, but i figured I might as well ask first!

Thanks!

16. tarheelblue32

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    If all you are getting is the basic cable channels, you don't need the tuning adapter. I would just unplug it, since tuning adapters can cause problems.

The Roamio OTA doesn't have a CableCard bracket, so there is no way to map the clearQAM channels from TWC to the correct channel number so the guide data will line up. You should see if you can find someone selling a broken Roamio basic on ebay or elsewhere so you can get the CableCard bracket and stick it in your new OTA. Otherwise, you're stuck with antenna only on that unit.

17. ddehr026

ddehr026 New Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Thanks for the reply. I currently have a Roamio basic on month to month that this is replacing, so I'll swap the Cablecard slot over to the OTA, unhook the tuning adapter and I should be good to go. Yay no more monthly fee! :D

18. foghorn2

foghorn2 Well-Known Member

May 4, 2004
    Las Vegas
    ...and re-pair the cable card

19. derek87

derek87 New Member

Oct 21, 2015
  20. raqball

raqball New Member

Feb 23, 2015
    I wonder how long these are going to last?

OTA with no service for $50
    OTA with lifetime service included for $300

It's a killer deal! Mine says t's shipping today and I chose 1 day shipping. I wanted to wait until next month for the purchase but I was nervous they'd run out of stock before I was ready so I snagged it..

This could be their last run of them...