Issues with Android App connection and MOCA

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by akaussie, May 19, 2012.

1. akaussie

akaussie Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Hi All-
    I am having trouble consistently connecting the Android App to my Tivo Premiere. My setup is as follows.
    1) Tivo Premiere (w/upgrade 2 TB hard drive) and static IP (or dynamic, doesn't seem to matter with this issue)
    2) HTC Evo 3d phone
    3) Airport Extreme Router
    4) 2 Actiontec MI424WR routers converted for use as Moca adapters, one connected to the router and the other to the Tivo (as well as PS3 and AppleTV)
    5) Comcast HSI using a Motorola SB6120 Cable Modem

The issue I'm having is that I am finding I am only able to connect using the Android Tivo app each day after I go through the Tivo network settings and walk through setting up the static ip (just confirming the settings that are already in there), or changing to a dynamic ip. So essentially resetting the ip address. It seems to work fine for most of the day once I reset the ip address.
    I have no issues with continual connection of the tivo (or PS3 or AppleTV) to the internet as I can stream Netflix, the Discovery Bar is working fine, etc.
    So it's not the internet connection per say, but something with the discover-ability of the Tivo by the Android app.

Other than this issue (which really isn't a major one) I love the MOCA adapters they work very well and are nice a cheap too!

Any suggestions, troubleshooting tips, etc would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!