Issue with "skip back" after FF

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by johnpaulh, Dec 18, 2011.

1. johnpaulh

johnpaulh New Member

Apr 28, 2008
    S3 TiVo SW ver. 11.0k, cable cards, WOW cable service.

We've been experiencing an odd issue, which doesn't occur with all recorded programs. After pressing FF to skip thru commercials, the TiVo will "skip back" to where we pressed FF...this seems worse the faster you FF (i.e. FFx1 not so much skip back..FFx3 skips back to almost where you pressed FF!!!) I've searched for this issue, but perhaps am not searching for the right issue. Have replaced batteries in remote, rebooted TiVo, but no help.

Help please!!!!!

Thanks,
    John

2. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    If you think you hit FF 3 times, but actually hit it 4 times, that's the same as hitting it 3 times and then hitting play. I do this to myself all the time.

Slow your thumb down just a little. See if that changes things.

Unless, of course, I've mis-understood what you meant.

3. WestTx

WestTx Member

Dec 5, 2005
    West Texas
    You'll find a couple other short threads about this issue around here somewhere. But no explanations or solutions.

I see the same thing from time to time but can't find anything in common between the events.

If you watch while FF'ing you'll see that the time showing on the playbar stays the same for a long time and then jumps a few minutes instead of showing steady progress during the FF. Using that indicator helps a bit - at some point after you'd normally hit Play (and well into your program), you'll see the time change and then you can hit Play. At least that keeps it from going all the way back where you first began the FF.

Les

4. doyling

doyling Member

Aug 11, 2006
    I think it has something to do with the show and perhaps they are throwing a few backs to TiVo. I notice this with Deadliest Catch the most. FF through the commercial then hitting play will jump back 1 minute or so. I find that I have to go deeper into the show then hit play to get back to close to the end of the commercial break. Even worse now I am seeing what is about to happen.