Issue with drive clone

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by jetcobra, Nov 5, 2019.

1. jetcobra

jetcobra Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    I am using the Sabrent Hard Drive Docking Station to do a clone of the Seagate 4TB drive from my Bolt to a new WD RED 8TB drive taken from an Easystore external drive.

After initiating the process the first 25% blue LED was solid after about 2 hours then the second 25% blue LED started flashing indicating the beginning of that portion of the clone. It has now been flashing for over 22 hours.

Does this seem too long? This is my first experience with cloning so I have no history from which to have a feel for the timing. Should I let it keep plugging away or should I stop it, and then what other steps should I take? BTW I checked the WD before the clone using the WD diagnostics.

rtoledo likes this.
  2. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008
    22 hours is way too long for a 4TB drive. I would expect about 8 hours max.

3. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Maybe unless there's errors it's working its way through?

-KP

4. jmbach

jmbach der Neuerer

Jan 1, 2009
    In my experience, any errors encountered on the drive causes the dock to stall. Would run the drives through a diagnostic routine followed by using a software cloner.

5. jetcobra

jetcobra Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    I ran the 8TB WD drive through the long WD diagnostic and it passed everything. I put the 4TB drive back in the Bolt and it has been working with no issues including TIVO contacts for a week. I will probably run a Kickstart 58 and then do the copying using MFS 3.xx when I find a time that the DVR is not recording. Thanks