issue w/Premiere and snow

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by clutch99, Jan 18, 2012.

1. clutch99

clutch99 New Member

Jun 12, 2008
    I picked up a new plasma TV just about a year ago, and really love it, have had no issues (knock on wood) thus far. However, the other day I came across something odd. My TiVo Premiere HDMI is plugged into the HDMI1 input. I noticed that, on occasion, if I switch inputs then circle back to HDMI1, the screen comes up complete red/white snow. No picture, just snow and static. Unplugging/replugging the HDMI cable fixes it, as does turning the TV off/on. Again, this isn't an issue with red sparkles or snow that superimposes on the picture; I've read other posts on that and this isn't it. I tried switching the cables with the PS3 I have plugged into HDMI2, but the issue still occurred so it's probably not the cable. Any ideas what it is? I figure it's either the TiVo output or the TV input, but I really have no concrete idea. However, I have heard of similar issues from other TiVo users elsewhere, so it's seeming like it might be a TiVo issue. Any help would be much obliged. Thanks in advance!

2. compnurd

compnurd Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    I have had that issue with my HDMI cable for my PS3 on occasion. Replacing the cable resolved it

3. clutch99

clutch99 New Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Thanks for the reply. I did try moving cables around, and the issue still persisted regardless of what cable I had plugged in, so it's most likely not that (unless both cables are in need of replacement). I'd love it if that were true, though, as it'd surely be the easiest potential resolution.

4. shamilian

shamilian Member

Mar 26, 2003
    NJ
    I noticed that my new TV would show only snow on the first 30 seconds of the Tivo boot. It would show a proper screen after they updated to just a few minutes more.