Issue Transfering a TIVO File (With Glitch) From PC back to TIVO Bolt

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Fronz2U, Dec 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Fronz2U

Fronz2U New Member

Jun 24, 2017
    Hello,
    I use Tivo Desktop Plus to transfer TIVO files between my PC and TIVO. Usually I do not have any issues but on occasion when transferring a TIVO file from my PC back to TIVO, the transfer stops. I noticed that when watching the TIVO file in question on my PC there is a glitch right at the same point as where the transfer stops. By glitch I mean there is a brief 2 second pause or hesitation before the show resumes and the show has skipped a few seconds. By "the transfer stops" I mean the actual transfer stops even though the message on my TV says that the transfer is still in progress. I have waited 1/2 hour to no avail as no more of the show has transferred. I end up cancelling.

If you know how to get around this I would greatly appreciate knowing.

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Apparently, you do not process your video after you downloaded them.
    If you have Windows, use VideoReDo to QuickStreamFix the video files. VideoReDo is not a free program but it is well worth the cost. It can also be used for commercial removal.

3. Fronz2U

Fronz2U New Member

Jun 24, 2017
    Thank you ThAbtO. That is correct - I do not process after downloading. They are mainly TCM movies. Do you have a recommendation for VideoReDo - Plus or TvSuite Version 6? I suppose it depends on what one wants to do.

4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    The versions of VRD are nearly the same, just more features. Plus is the basic, TVSuite adds DVD burning ability, v6 for MPEG4.

You may need v6 when your cableCo uses SDV, which would record as MPEG4, and you need to download using TS transfers (Faster Transfers in Tivo Desktop.)

5. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    I'm guessing SDV here is not Switched Digital Video, because that has nothing to do with the video format; what does it stand for in this case?

6. Fronz2U

Fronz2U New Member

Jun 24, 2017
    That worked perfectly! The QuickStreamFix fixed the issue and I was able to transfer the file back to my TIVO - Thank you!