Is your Amazon video library visable on Tivo?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by dlbibb, Sep 12, 2011.

1. dlbibb

dlbibb New Member

Sep 12, 2011
    Thinking about getting a Tivo Premiere and have never used Amazon VOD before. Let's say I have an Amazon VOD account with content purchased, (such as various seasons of differnet tv shows), but not downloaded to my Tivo for viewing yet. Does Tivo have the ability to display what is in my library or will it only display what I've already downloaded to the Tivo?

2. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    Tivo does not currently have an option to show you what's in your Amazon library. All you see on the Tivo is what you have downloaded to that particular box.

3. kemscm

kemscm New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    ...and is it still true that, if you are an Amazon Prime member and thus supposed to get videos for free, you can't do that on your Tivo? You still get charged?

4. darock159

darock159 New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    don't know about prime account but I am curious about that too. Your amazon library is not visible on the tivo, but you can pull it up online and send shows/movies to your tivo. You can also purchase whole seasons and they will be automatically downloaded after the new episode airs.

5. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    You cannot view your library on TiVo. You can go to your PC and push purchased videos to your TiVo.

TiVo is currently the only device that offers Amazon that does not offer Amazon Prime streaming.

6. kemcards

kemcards New Member

Dec 1, 2001
    New York, NY
    I used to be able to buy a Season Pass and have it automatically download each episode to my Tivo when it's released, but I can't figure out how to do it with my current ones, and Amazon did not respond to my customer service email. Can anyone tell me what to do on Amazon to enable the auto download?

7. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Isn't it also the only one that allows you to download the purchased and rented content? There can be an advantage to that for people with slower internet connections.

Sent from my HTC ReZound using Forum Runner

8. bsmith1051

bsmith1051 Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Really? I was only ever told 'no- not possible' by Amazon tech support.

9. seattlewendell

seattlewendell New Member

Jan 11, 2006
    Yes, I've used this feature in the past. It would be weird if they removed it. It only worked on current TV shows.

10. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    Technically no. TiVo is the only set top box that supports downloading. Downloading to PC and Microsoft "Plays for sure" portable devices has been supported for years. The new iPad app also allows downloading content.