Is TIVO supposed to show up on my network?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by rlintacoma, Sep 30, 2007.

1. rlintacoma

rlintacoma New Member

Sep 30, 2007
    I just purchased the TIVO HD because I hated the new cable guide that Comcast forced all of its customers to use. I set TIVO up with no issues and it connected to my home network without problem. My question is: is TIVO supposed to show up under Network or the Network Map on my Vista computers? I have successfully been able to stream my media files from the computers to TIVO to play, but TIVO isn't listed as being on the network. Everything works fine as is, I am just curious if it is supposed to be listed or not?

2. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    No, it won't show up there ... although I believe it does appear on Macs because of the use of the Rendezvous/Bonjour protocol.

3. zaknafein

zaknafein Shorthanded

Jul 17, 2001
    Kansas City, MO
    Windracer is right. Only Windows devices (or devices emulating Windows) will show up under Network Neighborhood.

I don't see it show up via Bonjour either in fact.

4. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    No, but it should show up in TiVo Desktop or Galleon. It should also show up on TiVo.com.

5. wbertram

wbertram Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The MAC number and the associated IP Address should show up on the Router diagnostics under DHCP. You should be able to PING that IP Address.