Is Tivo now blocking dvd rips?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by capicipie, Sep 16, 2011.

1. capicipie

capicipie New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Hi,

Please forgive me if this was posted somewhere else as I did a quick look on this forum, but found nothing.

I have a non-mod Tivo HD and Tivo sersis 2 that was able to transfer my dvd rips ( into mpg) through tivo desktop.

However, maybe the past month, I am no longer able to trasnfer them to tivo as i get the 3 reasons error ( don't remember what the other two were, but I do see the first one was content protection). The files remained unchaged with an example being "ODD_COUPLE"

I was able to do it before, but no longer. Did Tivo do something with an update ( eitehr to the tivo's or tivo desktop, using 2.8) or is there something different I need to do now with ripping?

Thanks in advance!
    R

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Try rebooting your TiVo. Sometimes the TiVo can get stuck and prevent all transfers until it's rebooted.

Dan

3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    The DVD video may have some problems, you would need VideoReDo and run QuickStream Fix, and fix timestamp issues.

4. capicipie

capicipie New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    I will try all. Thanks everyone!

5. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    To answer your specific question, though, "No the TiVo does not block DVD rips." It has no way to know the difference between a DVD rip and a locally authored video.