Is there any way to downgrade Tivo Premiere to 20.4.1

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by fruitbat, Oct 18, 2019.

1. fruitbat

fruitbat New Member

Sep 27, 2019

Advertisements

Is there any way to do this? And if there is, could one of you please send me the firmware.

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    No its not possible. Why do you want to go to a lesser software that no longer works? You would not get guide data unless its on the latest v20.7.4.

3. fruitbat

fruitbat New Member

Sep 27, 2019
    The reason is I want to hack the flash based menus. Is there any way to spoof the version?

4. jmbach

jmbach der Neuerer

Jan 1, 2009
    Only way I can think of is to find a DvrBARS backup of that version and restore it to the Premiere. If it is from your Premiere, then not issue. If it is not, then the problem is that the image would be of limited functionality until you do a CD&E. After a CD&E, the unit has to connect to TiVo servers to be functional but then it will download and install an update.

kpeters59 likes this.
  5. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008

Advertisements

This ^^. Even if you don't have to run a C&DE you would have to let it connect to the mothership to be functional, and the minute that happens it will upgrade to 20.7.4.

There's also no way to hack the menus that I know of. At least 90% of the program is compiled into one big executable, and all the main components of the software are checksummed during the boot process to prevent hacking.

kpeters59 likes this.