1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there an easier way?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by HarleyRandom, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Sep 9, 2018 #1 of 10
    HarleyRandom

HarleyRandom Member

Sep 17, 2015
    The series is called "Anger Management". It airs twice a day, seven days a week, on Channel 64. Not really 64 since the digital conversion since there is no more actual channel 64. I didn't have time to watch all the episodes I recorded. Eventually it just stopped recording them. Once I had time, I had to go to "view upcoming episodes" and check each one individually. And when you go back to "view upcoming episodes", you don't get sent to the last one you checked. you get sent back to the first one, and eventually, it becomes a pain to scroll through a dozen episodes.

I already mentioned elsewhere how Roamio's season pass doesn't work right once reruns are involved.

2. Sep 9, 2018 #2 of 10
    schatham

schatham Active Member

Mar 17, 2007
    Maybe try choose all channels on the season pass. If the channel changed it won't record it.

3. Sep 9, 2018 #3 of 10
    ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    You need to uncheck channels that do not work, or they will try to record from them. You can do this a bit easier if you channel surf to a channel that you do not receive/want and hit CLEAR to the screen, then Select (Mini guide pops up), press LEFT to get to the Channel column, Select on Remove Channel.

On the Pass, if you only want new episodes, its better to use Start from Season: and set to the current/last season, Record everything. This will only record shows from the selected season on forward, plus there will not be any shows with generic guide data.

4. Sep 9, 2018 #4 of 10
    ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Choosing ALL channels will record from ALL channels even if they changed.

5. HarleyRandom

HarleyRandom Member

Sep 17, 2015
    The channel didn't change. I was just pointing out it was a channel that was a broadcast channel provided by the cable company and not a channel in a cable package.

6. schatham

schatham Active Member

Mar 17, 2007
    That was my point.

7. HarleyRandom

HarleyRandom Member

Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  8. HarleyRandom

HarleyRandom Member

Sep 17, 2015
    And the show was cancelled. I guess it's too much to expect reruns to just keep airing over and over. Hopefully the ones I have set to record will be all of them.

9. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    If you use Explore this show then View Upcoming Episodes, it THEN does remember when you go into/out of a particular episode.
    (I honestly don't understand why there are two different UIs for upcoming showings.)

I do wish (and would pay for) a way to have the Tivo keep track of which episodes I'd seen.. even if I had to manually check them off as I deleted them (or watched them elsewhere).

10. HarleyRandom

HarleyRandom Member

Sep 17, 2015
    Even if the show itself doesn't air anymore, I will likely have the problem with other shows and this might work.

I sometimes don't find "view upcoming showings" and have to go to "explore this show".