Is there a way to truly ignore someone?

Discussion in 'Forum Operations Center' started by scottjf8, Jul 16, 2007.

1. scottjf8

scottjf8 That A-hole

Nov 11, 2001
    McKinney, TX

Advertisements

I have someone on ignore, but when they reply to threads that I'm email subscribed to, it gets sent to me and I read it.

Is this possible?

2. David Bott

David Bott Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Jan 1, 1999
    Sound like a bug in the code or something over looked when it was written. Sorry, I do not have a fix for it.

3. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    While it's not quite a best case, you might be able to create some rules for your mail client to recognize the email notification includes a post from a user you want to ignore and automatically dispose of it.

It probably won't be too useful to try that way if you're using the daily digest, which I presume would send all posts to subscribed threads and that you're intentionally reading the messages in full that way, but the regular new post notification includes just a single posting.

4. megory

megory Advanced TiVoOligan

Jan 22, 2003
    Spectrum,...
    How about adding "add to ignore list" on the left-click drop-down list? It's easy to add to buddy list, but "ignore" requires much more effort, and it can be more important.

Like the OP, I do find it annoying to receive notices from the ignored senders. (I'll try the tip above on my MailWasherPro).

Further, and this is probably not possible, when I read a thread, I'd really like not to see a note that "this post is from someone on your ignored list"

5. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY

Advertisements

Two clicks will get you to the Ignore option for any user you are determined to ignore. Is that too many clicks? :)

1. Click user's name in a post.
    2. Click "View Public Profile" in the drop-down menu.

You will now see the option to add that user to your ignore list: "Add megory to Your Ignore List".

6. megory

megory Advanced TiVoOligan

Jan 22, 2003
    Spectrum,...
    Thanks! That does simplify it! (click>scroll>click>click, I think :D ). And it takes fewer clicks to add someone to a buddy list. Can't figure what the buddy list does, but I add people who seem to be on the same wave length I'm on <G>)

7. Redux

Redux No intent to annoy

Oct 19, 2004
    Those are precisely the people I put on ignore.