Is there a warranty period on a "warranty-replaced" refurbished Tivo? If so, how long?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by JudySue, Jun 25, 2017.

1. JudySue

JudySue New Member

Jan 19, 2016

Advertisements

Does someone here know .. long is the warranty period on an already warranty - replaced refurb Tivo unit? Mine was replaced mid Jan 2017 and it has stopped working. Will not even power on. It has lifetime attached, so wondering if I should buy one of the current
    "Lifetime included" deal ( since my current replacement MAY be out of warranty.

My work schedule keeps interfering with my getting through to Tivo via phone during hours they are open and I don't want the current (lifetime included) deal to expire before I find out if mine is replaced mid or repairable under some warranty that may be on my refurbished, already-replaced tivo Roamio OTA unit. Anyone know how long does Tivo warranty the replacement device?

2. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Is this a Roamio with an external power supply, if so, that may very well be the problem.

3. somename

somename Member

Jan 20, 2017
    what's pathetic is the warranty even on new tivos. they make it sound great that you get a replacement if you have any plan other than lifetime, yet then I find out they charge $50 replacement fee if it's beyond a whole.... 90 days.

Not sure what they do for refurbished oens, but since their warranty is such a joke for new ones, my guess is they'd give you next to nothing for a warranty on replacements.

4. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Isn't that about what you'd pay for an extended warranty? Yet you don't have to pay it unless your box dies. I fail to see what's a bad deal about that.