1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a market for old DirecTV analog TIVO's?

Discussion in 'eBay Auction Central' started by RBerryman, Nov 23, 2018.

1. RBerryman

RBerryman Just a Member

Sep 17, 2002
    Dallas, Texas
    Cleaned out a closet and found a
    Samsung SIR-S4080R EN
    Hughes HDVR2
    Hughes GXCEBOT D
    all were working when we pulled them out and went with the newer DirecTV system

2. longrider

longrider Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 26, 2017
    Elizabeth, CO
    I dont see any of those on the list of receivers that use MPG data which has been shut down so they all should still be usable. They will NOT be able to receive HD and you may have issues getting them activated now

3. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    All generations, all models of DirecTV TiVos are digital, not analog. I'd assume you were going for "standard definition", but then you list the HDVR2.

4. longrider

longrider Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 26, 2017
    Elizabeth, CO
    One additional note, all MPEG2 DirecTV receivers which is all SD receivers and the early HD receivers that are now SD only will be obsolete sometime in 2019 when DirecTV shuts down MPEG2 broadcasts. With that in mind I would probably just recycle your receivers as they have a remaining life of less than a year

krkaufman likes this.
  5. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Heh, yeah, that’s a bit confusing; but the “H,” in this case. represented “Hughes” ... and it is a SD-only model.

TiVopedia - Hughes HDVR2 for DIRECTV

6. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    Ah yeah, I was thinking of the HR10-250. I actually have both... long since retired.

7. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    they can be recycled at best buy.