Is there a BBCA Fall Season?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by barbeedoll, Sep 11, 2007.

1. barbeedoll

barbeedoll New Member

Sep 26, 2005
    I've been searching the web to no avail. Is there a Fall Season for BBCA, or do they just start things all year?

Where can one find out if and when favorite series from last year will be returning and when that might happen?

The BBCA website doesn't seem to have this sort of information. I've seen the BBCA shows which are included on the Fall Season lists posted to the tivocommunity.com forums. The Futon Critic and Google searches don't seem to turn up much information.

In particular, I'd like to know about Clatterford; Location, Location, Location; Robin Hood; and Wild at Heart.

Barbeedoll

2. joeinma

joeinma New Member

Jan 11, 2002
    Mass
    The only thing I may be able to help on his Robin Hood. It has been picked up for a second season. According to wikipedia, the second season will air on BBC in the UK starting in October as it did last year.

Here in the US, Robin Hood did not come on until March of this year, so expect the same for season 2.

Since BBCA shows are mostly aired after their UK showings, they tend to add new shows all the time. For example in the last month on Saturday nights (in Robin Hood's time slot) they have had Jekyll and now Torchwood. They just added Hotel Babylon on Wednesday about a month ago. Based on this, I would say they do not have a "fall" schedule like normal US networks.

3. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida
    I think that, due to how inconsistent the length of BBC series are, that they just run the series one after another, without much regard to the seasons.

4. barbeedoll

barbeedoll New Member

Sep 26, 2005
    Thanks. I can wait for them to be announced piecemeal, but just didn't want to feel really stupid if there was a single source to find out all the upcoming shows and I just didn't know how to access it.

Barbeedoll

5. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida
    I've subscribed to their newsletter.

6. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I guess that two of my favorite BBC shows got 86'd - the Night Detective and Murder In Suburbia.