Is the Tivo software only available in certain areas?

Discussion in 'HD Comcast TiVo DVR (Archive)' started by Crash331, May 1, 2011.

1. Crash331

Crash331 New Member

Jan 12, 2004
    I'm a new customer and would like to have the Tivo software, but it wasn't mentioned when I signed up.

2. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    What is your geographic location, and are you talking about software on the Tivo itself, or software that lets your comupter copy shows off of your Tivo?

3. CuriousMark

CuriousMark Forum Denizen

Jan 13, 2005
    SoCal
    Boston

4. cybah

cybah Tivo Addict

Mar 3, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I'm in boston. Most of the metro area can get Comcast w/ Tivo. You just have to call and ask for it. Their website for some reason differs when you order (I always call..). And call the number on the bill (not 800-COMCAST), since that'll route you to the one of the local call centers.

I'll be honest.. I *had* a Comcast Tivo (roommates request). It was OK. But I've converted them now to Tivo by putting a Premiere in its place. I have another post on my review of Comcast's Tivo somewhere (its old!).

What I alweays found funny is the menus on the non-Tivo DVR are exactly like Comcast Tivo, except its not the same interface. (You'll see what i mean if your box is "upgraded"..)

5. ADent

ADent Active Member

Jan 7, 2000
    Denver, CO
  6. KidSquid

KidSquid HD SQUID

Aug 16, 2006
    Any news on a roll out date for the new service?

7. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    No. To put things in perspective, the Comcast TiVo (the one that is now dead) was announced in 2005 and released in 2008 in the Boston Market only.

My mom has one since it's release and it's actually not bad product.

8. samrobot52

samrobot52 New Member

Jun 9, 2011
    :up: