is the tivo service down?

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by gothaggis, Jan 18, 2018.

1. gothaggis

gothaggis Member

Mar 3, 2010

Advertisements

i can't watch any of my recorded shows on my tivo bolt....spinning blue circle (hydra interface) and then does nothing. last time this happened was due to tivo issues. which is pretty insane that you can't watch recorded shows when the service has issues. i will never buy another tivo product again (oh wait, they probably aren't making any more anyway!)

2. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Just try disconnecting from the internet.

How much do you want for your TiVo?

-KP

3. vbgregg

vbgregg Member

Mar 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Well, I agree that it's pretty bad when previously recorded shows cannot be viewed without successful communication with the mothership.

4. TIVOSciolist

TIVOSciolist Bye to High Society

Oct 13, 2003
    Oakland,...
    Thank you for the advice. I turned off the WiFi and the problem went away. When I turned it back on an hour later, there were still some lingering problems that seem to have gone away after a few more minutes.

This seems like an odd issue since the WiFi was not even being used at the time. Do you know the cause of this problem?

kpeters59 likes this.
  5. southerndoc

southerndoc TiVo Fanatic

Apr 4, 2003
    Marietta,...

Advertisements

I had issues with the infamous spinning circle from spotty internet tonight. Not sure if it was my internet or TiVo's servers causing it. My Bolt is hardwired via CAT6 on a gig connection.

6. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    When we saw these same problems a year or two ago, the issue was absolutely related to the accessing TiVo servers. We found that just disconnecting the TiVo from the internet solved the issues.

The actual problem could be internet or TiVo server issues, but the results are the same - if your TiVo box thinks it should be able to access the mother ship for downloading unwanted garbage and it can't, then it becomes impossible to use. If it cannot even see the internet, then it just functions normally (at least until it runs out of programming data!).

Razzer and jth tv like this.