Is the rest of Heroes as good? NO SPOILERS!!!!!

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DougF, Sep 11, 2007.

1. DougF

DougF Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2003
    North Dakota
    I've been trying to find time to get to "Heroes" since it premiered last year. Now that school has started and my girls are going to bed earlier, I finally have some time to watch it. I've finished watching the first nine episodes (including two last night) and so far I love it!

Now someone please tell me the rest of the year is just as good.

2. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Yes it is.

3. Skittles

Skittles West Coast citizen!

May 25, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    As good? No.

Better? Yes.

Heroes is one of the few shows last year that consistently delivered over the entire season. I think some of the later episodes in the season are absolutely amazing.

4. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    What MikeS and Skittles said....in spades.

5. unicorngoddess

unicorngoddess Wooooonicorngodess

Nov 19, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    Heroes got better and better as the season went on. Most definately its a series worth finishing. And if you haven't bought the DVD yet, I highly recommend it.

6. gigaquad

gigaquad Tivo Image Master

Oct 25, 2004
    +1 And it's good that you're watching it in a row instead of stretching it out over a season. Ugh! So many times I'd watch an episode and think...They can't end it now! But what happens next????

My dog got tired of being kicked. LOL!

7. DPF

DPF So tired.....

Mar 20, 2003
    Naper-thrill...
    Agree with above.

Only 2 more weeks til the new season starts.

Can't wait.

-DPF

8. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    Five Years Gone is one of the greatest hours of TV ever.

9. anom

anom Enlightened

Apr 18, 2005
    I'm doing the same thing, as I missed Heroes during it's original run last year. I find these serialized dramas (like Lost and 24) actually work better when you watch them all over the course of a few days or weeks rather than dragged out over the length of a tv season, when you tend to lose track of what's going on.

10. HoldenBanky

HoldenBanky Insert witty remark

Oct 25, 2006
    NYC
    Like you I just started Heroes, I am up to episode 14 and yes it does get even better. I am starting to think the finale is going to be a let down. How could they top all the stuff already happening.

11. jtown0620

jtown0620 TIMELORD with TiVo

Jun 17, 2004
    Trinity, Fl.
    In a word: AWESOME! Great first season lets hope season 2 is as good!

12. pcguru83

pcguru83 RIP Misty

Jan 18, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    I'm going to have to disagree here. I loved Heroes up until the last 2-3 episodes. It just seemed to totally fall apart for me and the finale was extremely underwhelming--so much so, I was actually a little mad at the end. I've never felt that way about a TV show before. As always, YMMV (as it apparently did with just about everyone else in this thread). :)

Don't get me wrong, it's still very much worth watching. However, just be prepared to be potentially let down at the end.

13. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Not to spoil anything, but yes the last half of the finale was the only part of the season I felt was a letdown. But it was hard to get a good payoff with so much buildup, so I forgive them. :)

14. dagap

dagap New Member

Dec 5, 2003
    Alpharetta, GA
    Certainly worth watching, but I enjoyed the first half of the season more than the second. YMMV.

15. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    Although I wasn't mad at the ending, I was also feeling like it fell apart a bit towards the end at the same spots as pcguru seems to be referring to.

Just don't put it up on a huge pedestal and you will enjoy the rest of the season with little or no letdown.

16. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    It's so good that I'm rewatching the Heroes DVD set when I'm working out.... :)

17. unicorngoddess

unicorngoddess Wooooonicorngodess

Nov 19, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    Well, they had to give us something to hang on to for this coming up season, so the ending didn't let me down. Also, you don't have to deal with the previews that always seemed to keep pumping up viewers for something that never quite happened the way the announcer made you think it would.

18. DougF

DougF Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2003
    North Dakota
    It seems the majority of you are pretty happy with how the season turned out. I'm hoping to finish before the premiere, but I honestly don't know if I'll watch right away. I think I prefer watching like this. I may wait a couple of months and catch up on something else I've been meaning to watch (BSG, Firefly are two).

19. mportuesi

mportuesi As seen on TV

Nov 10, 2002
    San...
    I agree with pcguru, except I wasn't mad about the final episode. I do feel like the last few episodes became increasingly disjointed and incoherent as they started weaving the story threads in and out of each other.

Going into the second season, I also feel like I don't care about any of the characters outside of Hiro and Ando.

20. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    I had no problem with the last few episodes, but I did think the finale was a bit anticlimactic. It wasn't horrible, I was just expecting more; I think there are earlier episodes that were far more "mind blowing". After it was over I was like, "OK, that was kinda cool, but is that it?"