Is the HR 10 250 a series 2?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by rick peterson, Aug 19, 2007.

1. rick peterson

rick peterson New Member

Jun 16, 2001
    detroit, mi.

Advertisements

Just saw the notice from Directv about an upgrade due in 08 for Series 2 Directv Tivo's. Don't know which units those are. I know, I probably sound lame.

I thought they were going their separate ways but it seems maybe not, at this time.

2. gq91355

gq91355 New Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Valencia, CA
    On the System Information screen, you will find the HR10-250 identified as a Series 2.

3. rick peterson

rick peterson New Member

Jun 16, 2001
    detroit, mi.
    Thank you. Does anyone have an idea why they are making these announced improvements for these units that are supposed to be obsolete regarding the future mpeg 4 system?

4. tfederov

tfederov M GO BLUE!!!

Jul 6, 2003
    Plano, TX
    They'll still work to receive standard def programming and HD OTA.

5. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY

Advertisements

I think DirecTV just wanted to get the software versions merged with the S2 SD TiVos. This way if they should ever decide to use TiVo again (don't hold your breath), it will be easier to make updates with only one version..

6. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    According to Earl, the real reason is all the Series 2 SD units out there. If the HR10 gets the update (on confirmation that I have heard), it will be as a by-product (not to mention that the HR10 is a very large drive SD receiver, too).

7. RS4

RS4 New Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Indianapolis...
    Don't forget, there is always the possibility of more to follow based on their statements about exploring other opportunities. I'm hoping that's an mpeg4 HD DTivo.

8. rick peterson

rick peterson New Member

Jun 16, 2001
    detroit, mi.
    Sort of reminds me of the greed and egos at HD DVD and Blue Ray. Forget what's best for the customer!

MAYBE these two will come to a good conclusion for US.

9. markb

markb Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2002
    San Diego

I thought they already did that with 6.3e.