Is that still on?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by ozzman73, Feb 22, 2012.

1. ozzman73

ozzman73 Home Made

Nov 27, 2006
    What shows make you say : Is that still on?

For me:

Desperate Housewives (granted after the first season, I gave up)

Grey's Anatomy

How I Met your Mother (I still watch, but may wait until the end and watch that episode and be done with it)

2. janry

janry New Member

Jan 2, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Big Brother
    Survivor
    American Idol

{I think they're all still on}

3. dtle

dtle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2001
    DFW
    Even with You tube and Tosh.0 these days, America's Funniest Home Videos is still kicking.

4. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    The problem is, being here, I pretty much know everything that is still on, so it doesn't surprise me that anything is still on.

Now there are shows that are still on that I wish would go away, but that's a different topic.

5. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    There are a lot of shows that I might ask - WHY is that still on?

The Housewife and Jersey shows come to mind. I have thought, man I'm glad I'm not from New Jersey as it must be pretty embarrassing...then I remember Reno 911. Argh! I've had numerous people ask me if that was really our police dept. It was a funny show, though.

6. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    And yet oh so many more that I wonder why they were ever on in the first place :cool:
    Although with some of the drivel that I watch I shouldn't be casting any stones.

7. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Ha! I hear that. I watch a few really bad things, but I love them. I don't watch a lot of the mainstream, popular reality stuff but I'm kind of a sucker for celebreality.

8. Wil

Wil Unknown Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Yes.

9. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    Yeah, I will be done with it at the end too.

10. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    Well obviously very difference audiences for Tosh.0 and AMF :)

I think AMF said they have enough videos already in their vault to last like another decade. And one you give AMF your video, you can't put it on youtube. They basically own any public rights.

Something like that

11. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    I just wondered that about Blue Bloods the other day. Too soon?

12. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    I used to say this for years about According To Jim every time I stumbled upon it.

I just couldn't believe it got the ratings to stay on all those years.

13. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    I often see an episode number for a show and go 'Wow, that already has 3/4 seasons?'.

14. Bob_Newhart

Bob_Newhart My Custom User Title

Jul 14, 2004
    Houston
    60 Minutes

SNL

15. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Grey's Anatomy: Haven't they all dated/slept with each other at least two times by now, all while enduring every possible medical disaster that could happen in Seattle?

CSI: Especially the Las Vegas one. Most of it isn't even filmed in LV. And why are they always trudging around in the dark with flashlights, turn some lights on. Yes it looks like foul play, but let's wait for the DNA samples to come back the next day to tell us otherwise.

How I Met Your Mother: I gave them until the end of last season to show how he met their mother, SP dropped.

The Simpson's: I think I gave up watching this when Fox started postponing the Halloween episode until the baseball championship's were over. When was that, like 10 years ago?

Survivor/Big Brother: Watching sociopaths in bikinis and swim trunks is so early 2000's, we are in tough times now...

Sportscenter: With the internet, and ESPN News, and the fact that it is on every half hour when there isn't a major sporting event on, the format has gotten old for me.

Dateline: Yeah I get it, there are creepy sick people out there, I don't need any more details.

Cops: Why are these people in t-shirts with messy hair getting arrested still agreeing to be on TV?

16. caslu

caslu Active Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Burn Notice... even though I still watch it, I can't help but wonder why it's still on the air.

17. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Yes, I think too soon. Isn't that only into the 2nd season? I think they need to get back to the ongoing plots rather than dealing with the family stuff, though.

Cops is reality TV. It never gets old for me.

I guess that's the same reason some people like American Idol and The Voice ... reality TV shows that I'd rather see disappear.

18. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    You get that that's not going to happen until the very last episode, right?

19. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Though to be fair, they did take some pretty long breaks where AFHV wasn't on the air.

(Wow, when it first started, we watched it with the neighbors in our college apartment..)

20. flyers088

flyers088 tcf junior member

Apr 18, 2005
    Pennsylvania
    Cops
    Grey's Anamoty
    Deperate Housewives
    American Idol
    This Old House