Is Slingbox dead?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by tensin, Jun 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Jun 9, 2018 #1 of 14
    tensin

tensin New Member

Jun 9, 2018

Advertisements

First of all sorry if this is the wrong place to make the following question. I have a Slingbox 350 that was working last November if I remember right, yesterday I tried to connect again from my PC but it doesn't work it says me to download the app/software but Slingbox.com - Support is not working anymore. I tried to download slingplayer from another source and it gives me the message "The device is not supported"

Is there any other way to make it work?

Thanks

2. Jun 9, 2018 #2 of 14
    reneg

reneg Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2002
    I have a Slingbox 350 that still works. I use either IE or in Chrome, after it fails to load, right click and open in IE tab to get it running assuming you have IE Tab extension installed.

3. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    My 350 also works. I use the embedded player with Chrome as well as Roku and Fire TV apps.

krkaufman likes this.
  4. Peppyone

Peppyone New Member

May 15, 2005
    Has anybody successfully connected the Tivo Bold VOX to a Slingbox Pro HD? I purchased the HDMI to Component + L/R Audio and HDMI to HDMI 1080i Video Converter/Adapter with USB Power Cable for Slingbox and after spending many hours it is still not working. Is it doable?

I have gone through a lot of steps including doing a reset on the Slingbox to set up a new Slingbox for the directory.

If you have set up one up successfully, I would like to chat with you. If you tried and it failed. I would like to hear about that too. Thanks

5. fcfc2

fcfc2 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015

Advertisements

Do you have this player installed on your PC, SlingplayerDesktop-5.0.0.83
    Slingbox.com - Slingplayer Apps

6. Peppyone

Peppyone New Member

May 15, 2005
  7. fcfc2

fcfc2 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    I would try deleting the Slingbox software and rebooting the PC and then reinstalling the app again, perhaps with a fresh download from the link I provided. Also, do you have another PC you can try the software on. I am running W10 Pro and installed this on a couple PC's. The Android version seems to work on an old Nexus 7. What PC are you using, os wise?

8. Peppyone

Peppyone New Member

May 15, 2005
    I did that a couple of times. Delete all Slingbox software and browser extensions. I have also searched the "registry" to see if there was anything hanging around. I have done this with my Windows 10 pro laptop and my window 10 desktop. Both are on the same network (ethernet connections) no luck. have you been successful with a TiVo BOLT VOX connected to Slingbox Pro HD?

9. fcfc2

fcfc2 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    I don't do VOX or any version of Hydra. Mine connect via a mini. Do you have flash player installed on your Pc's? have you tried the embedded slingplayer with various browsers?
    Slingbox Player

10. Peppyone

Peppyone New Member

May 15, 2005
    You say you don't do Vox but do you have a Tivo? I am not familiar with "HYDRA." Yes, Flash is installed and not able to use the SlingPlayer until the Slingbox is set up and there is where I have the problem. Can't get through the setup.

11. Mover480

Mover480 Member

Jan 14, 2006
    My slingbox pro works with my Tivo Premiere but only with Internet Explorer. Haven't tried on the Bolt yet.

12. Peppyone

Peppyone New Member

May 15, 2005
    Does your Tivo Premiere have an HDMI only type of connection?

13. Mover480

Mover480 Member

Jan 14, 2006
    No it has hdmi and component. So I'm not sure it will work directly with the bolt. Also, it's an old slingbox pro, not HD, so I use the connect cable to take the component into the slingbox hdmi port.

I would think your setup should work, maybe you need the sling media hd connect cable. Connects the component from your adapter to go into the hdmi on the slingbox.

14. fcfc2

fcfc2 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    I have a dozen or more Tivos plus 7 minis but they use the older Tivo software, the newest software allows the use of Vox or voice control but I doubt that is your issue.
    I suspect an anti-virus/ firewall conflict as the most likely issue, or possibly a network issue. By the way, did you try the link to the embedded player, you don't say. That one connects via a browser, no install required.
    The funny thing is when I was first playing with my Slingboxes, I seem to recall they would be recognized with just the network connection even if the cabling was incorrect.
    You might try temporarily turning off your anti-virus/firewall to see if the install completes.