Is 'Scrubs' in HD?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by busyba, Dec 29, 2005.

1. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC

Advertisements

Well... is it? :)

2. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
  3. NoThru22

NoThru22 Smelly Pirate Hooker

May 6, 2005
    Bel Air, MD
    No episode up until now has been. Hoping for the new season! (Even if it doesn't say so.)

4. kdonnel

kdonnel DVC-BCV

Nov 28, 2000
    Metro...
    NBC demoted Scrubs to a mid season replacement.

They are not going to change out the production equipment to HD.

They even made fun of the fact that the show was not in HD during one of Dr. Cox's rants.

5. Lee L

Lee L Got Basenji?

Oct 1, 2003
    Morrisville, NC

Advertisements

Not only is it a mid-season, they are running 2 episodes per week. It smells like a burn off to me. I am frankly very surporised there has not been more complaining. I guess this is how you quietly kill off one of the best shows on TV.

6. RunnerFL

RunnerFL New Member

May 10, 2005
    If they wanted to kill it off why show it at all, why not just kill it and be done with it?

7. kdonnel

kdonnel DVC-BCV

Nov 28, 2000
    Metro...
    First they want to recoup some of the production costs.

8. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    But 'Joey' is.... now there's a smart allocation of resources. :mad:

9. mrmike

mrmike Custom User Title

May 2, 2001
    scrubs used to be shot on 16mm, which is more expensive than HD video for most shows. It may be a stylistic choice.

10. vman41

vman41 Omega Consumer

Jun 18, 2002
    I fear the return of scrubs will be like the second Boston albumn. Objectively it will be good but they will have been away too long.

11. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Not so, they started filming and have kept the same production schedule has every other show. This may be why they are showing two a week for a while to basically "catch up".

12. Hansky

Hansky Active Member

Nov 17, 2005
    I took the comments of the other poster to mean the show has been away from viewers too long, and not that the cast has been away from work.
    ??

13. rkester

rkester a rkester says what?

Jan 10, 2005
    tulsa area,...
  14. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    I have had the same fear (NBC has given up). The show doesn't get good ratings, but then NBC has never really known what to do with it. As I recall, they promoted it pretty heavily early on in its first season, but since then they've moved it so many times and otherwise underpromoted it that it's no wonder the audience is small. I'm disappointed they chose to put it back on Tuesday nights, where it washed out last year (again, it seems as though the net has given up) rather than teaming it with Earl on Thursdays. That would have been, by far, the best hour of comedy on TV. I don't think the move to Thursdays is going to help The Office any, but it might have helped Scrubs. The latter is a much better partner for Earl than The Office is.

15. rkester

Jan 10, 2005
    tulsa area,...
    I seriously doubt Scrubs will get the boot anytime soon. ONly way I can see will be if it sucks this new season with the gang at different places... or if some jerk who runs FOX moves to NBC and starts cancelling anything good.

16. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Well, the good news for us fans is that NBC is in a down period and doesn't really have a lot of big ratings draws to play with. With Scrubs at last getting some Emmy nomination love last season, getting rid of it may not be their highest priority. May not. But my fear is that if they unearth another Earl, they'll be pretty willing to make a swap by next season if Scrubs doesn't perform better this spring than it has recently.

17. rkester

Jan 10, 2005
    tulsa area,...
    I wonder if the lack of HD for scrubs has anything to do with all of this chaos. lordy i hope thye dont spin off one of the characters.

18. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas

You don't want to watch "The Todd"?

[​IMG]

19. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Only on Cinemax. :D

20. NoThru22

NoThru22 Smelly Pirate Hooker

May 6, 2005
    Bel Air, MD
    When I read that they had delayed it past fall, they explained it as letting Zach Braff finish filming more movies. I do find it odd that they are showing two episodes a week.