Is my Tivo messing up

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by ukerin, Aug 22, 2007.

1. ukerin

ukerin New Member

Jan 1, 2005

Advertisements

Late last night while watching a recording.My tivo shut off and I discovered that it ws doing a installing service update.I am not sure what that means.Does it mean that I got new software because now I have 6.3 where before it was 6.2a.Also after this service update my recording capacity went from 70 hours to now it is 67.Anyone know why this happened ?Do I need to call tivo to have someone come repair it or what should I do.Thanks in advance for the help.

2. supasta

supasta Active Member

May 6, 2006
    Colorado
    Yup, sounds like you got a service update. Nothing to worry about.

3. ukerin

ukerin New Member

Jan 1, 2005
    Why did my recording capacity go down?Will it continue to happen?One thing I forgot it is probably a stupid question and I think that I know the answer but what is a service update?

4. ukerin

ukerin New Member

Jan 1, 2005
    Just putting this back at the top for someone to see.Should I post this in the help center section?

5. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale

Advertisements

Are you still getting what Tivo promised you would? If so, then it's ok.

i.e. they use some of your drive for the ads and such. maybe that partition increased in the update, I'm not sure.

6. ukerin

ukerin New Member

Jan 1, 2005
    I think that you are right.everything is woeking fine and I called tivo tonight to ask them about it and they said it was fine.