Is it time to merge the two DirecTV forums into one?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by drew2k, Jan 13, 2007.

Is it time to merge the two DirecTV forums into one?

Poll closed Jan 27, 2007.
  1. Yes

46 vote(s)
    61.3%
  2. No

29 vote(s)
    38.7%
  1. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY

Advertisements

I posted this in the Forums Operation Center forum ...

Please post your answers in this thread so that the Forum Operators can make the best decision for all of us.

Thanks.

(I'm also posting this in the other DirecTV forum, to ensure readers of each forum get to contribute their thoughts.)

2. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Bump. Poll closes in 13 days.

3. Billy Bob Boy

Billy Bob Boy What Me Worry???????

Jul 25, 2004
    Here
    before i vote which 2 forums are you reffering to I realise 1 is this one :rolleyes: :)

4. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
  5. skaeight

skaeight New Member

Jan 20, 2004

Advertisements

I voted yes, because both platforms are pretty much dead right now. It's only a matter of time before dtivos are completely gone. The major factor in all this is HD, specifically MPEG4. With Directv's announcment of 70+ MPEG4 HD channels coming, the HD Directivos days are numbered.

The directv forum here used to be a wealth of information, but recently it's just been relatively new people asking questions that have been answered hundreds of times (phone line, replace a hd, etc). I think a lot of this has to do with the decision to not allow discussion of the newer directv dvrs.

6. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
  7. patonenow

patonenow New Member

Jul 22, 2005
    CENTRAL...
    HD won't be mainstream for a few years yet and in fact I will keep my present receivers as long as they work!