Is it possible

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Jack Redding, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Jack Redding

Jack Redding New Member

May 25, 2005

Advertisements

Is it possible that D** is sending down a signal that would periodically freeze my 2 tivo units. perhaps a hash or something to the access card. I have a DVR40 and an R10 I am getting a freezing problem on both units. The only way to relieve the problem is to reset the units by unplugging them. I called customer service and their solution is to replace the unit with the R15 which I absolutly dont want. They didnt even try to solve the problem. Both are factory spec with no upgrades. I just cant see a hard drive problem on both units at the same exact time. All of my other D** unit operate normally. Thanks

Jack

2. OLdDog

OLdDog Reformed Druid

Dec 15, 2001
    No it is not possible. Except in the world of the X-Files.

A tin foil hat for your TiVos might help if that is the case.

3. Jack Redding

Jack Redding New Member

May 25, 2005
    while I doubt I am in the x-files world ATM. What else can explain the exact problem on 2 different machines at the exact same time while other non tivo units in the same home are normal. The odds of this happening? And while I am new to these forums I guess I was hoping for more theory than x-files. I should have worded my ? better. But thanks anyway.

Jack

4. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    Your dish is probably out of alignment if both units are wigging out at the same time.