Is it possible to stay on current Tivo software version?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by westside_guy, Sep 21, 2019.

1. westside_guy

westside_guy Annoyingly ephemeral

Mar 13, 2005
    The soggy...

Advertisements

I've seen this question (more or less) asked here before - but the other discussion I found went quickly off the rails without resolution. So I figured it was worth bringing it up again.

My Bolt with Lifetime is sitting on 20.7.4-RC42. Is it possible to keep it there without removing it from the network completely, since that would obviously render it mostly useless once the program guide ran out?

Thank you.

2. jaredmwright

jaredmwright Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Bay Area
    No, controlled by TiVo service.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Light a candle & live a good life. It's all you can control. But there is a high probability that TE3 is not going anywhere. However I have seen speculation that it may get the pre-roll commercials added. But that won't require TE4.

4. jaredmwright

jaredmwright Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Bay Area
    If pre roll happens on my TE3, I am done with TiVo after almost 20 years, time to move on. This is probably the last generation I will be on and will move to another option such as streaming, my kids don't care about a DVR since everything they watch is on YouTube, Netflix, etc... am technical and don't mind a little extra effort to move to another option, here's hoping TiVo project management is paying attention to their loyal customer base.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

5. westside_guy

westside_guy Annoyingly ephemeral

Mar 13, 2005
    The soggy...

Advertisements

Well I'm screwed. :D

JoeKustra likes this.
  6. tenthplanet

tenthplanet Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Ok. Light a candle, burn some sage, fire up 'The Mighty Diamonds' and from there you'll know what to do mon..:cool: