Is it a quality issue?

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by DouglasPHill, Nov 25, 2020.

1. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Cynical old guy

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO

Advertisements

Maybe its my failed memory, or maybe there's a real difference between my original Direct Tivo and my Bolt. (Or maybe its my TV or just a function of new technology vs old)

(Bolt) Every once in a while, in the middle of watching a show, the tv screen will just switch to snow and no sound. I'll press the Tivo button on the remote and it will come up like I'm just now turning it on. Less lately, but sometimes the lower third of the screen will have some snow on it like some kind of connectivity issue (while the My Tivo screen is up) Rebooting the Bolt fixes this second issue.

I don't remember my Direct Tivo ever having a single issue (and loved those dual live buffers).
    The Direct Tivo was standard resolution vs 1080 now, probably a coax connection to the tv rather than HDMI. Not complaining, the Bolt is doing what I need, just wondering.

2. aspexil

aspexil Active Member

Oct 16, 2015
    How old is your TV?

So you are seeing the Tivo bootup screens? That sounds like it could possibly be a problem with the Bolt itself. You might want to call Tivo support and see what they say. I have never had the problem you describe and I've been running the Bolt since Oct 2015.