Is Finding Your Roots new this month?

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by Puppy76, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Puppy76

Puppy76 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2004
    As always I'm not 100% sure what forum to put this in...

My TiVo hasn't been taping Finding Your Roots, saying they were old from last month, and I didn't think anything of it except now that I'm checking, both PBS.org AND TV Guide claim it's new.

My memory sucks so I can't recall if I've seen the ones that they claim have aired this month...I know I've seen like episode 2 which IMDB claims is from last year, so is TiVo just completely screwing up the guide data here?

Thankfully they're all still available to stream for free (barely), though this emphasizes even more how I need a freaking streaming device already!!

2. Toni

Toni Active Member

Nov 22, 2002
    They are new. I think there have been three so far this month, the most recent being Jeff Goldblum.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Puppy76 likes this.
  3. Toni

Toni Active Member

Nov 22, 2002
    And one tonight makes four.

4. Puppy76

Oct 6, 2004
    Thanks guys! Are your TiVos showing them as old?!? They're explicitly marked with a 2019 date and everything on mine. I'd completely miss this if I hadn't happened to be using PBS.org and hadn't happened to check TV Guide.

5. Toni

Toni Active Member

Nov 22, 2002
    I just checked and yes, tonight's has a 2019 date on it. I've been watching through YTTV and didn't notice the TiVo had screwed that up.

Puppy76 likes this.
  6. EdwPowers

EdwPowers Member TCF Club

Apr 14, 2002
    Merritt...
    I think the problem is that not all PBS stations show them at the same time. This can make the OAD from what PBS says and not necessarily for your local station. I've seen this on other shows too.

Puppy76 likes this.
  7. Puppy76

Oct 6, 2004
    Huh, interesting, I didn't know that. I've never seen this happen before, that I'm aware of.

Samantha Brown's show is airing like 3pm Sunday or something on my PBS station, which seems weird, seems like maybe that's just my local station sticking it there.

8. EdwPowers

EdwPowers Member TCF Club

Apr 14, 2002
    Merritt...
    If the show airs soon enough after the PBS OAD, TiVo will still consider the show new and record it on a New Only 1P. I think that is two weeks. If they take a longer break, such as over the holidays, the 1P must include reruns.

I have this on Finding Your Roots and This Old House.