Is Drt800 capable of Tivo to Go?

Discussion in 'DVD TiVo Units (Archive)' started by one918, Dec 28, 2005.

1. one918

one918 New Member

Jul 25, 2003
    So. Cal.

Advertisements

Sorry for the redundant question, but I have not been around Tivo for awhile. When I was in the forums, I was using A DirecTivo, but unfortunately had to get rid of satellite, after moving 2 DirecTivos to 4.0. Anyway, I was thinking about getting a Series 2 standalone and upgrading hard drive, but saw the Drt800 with $150 rebate, so I may go that route, but I want Tivo to Go functionality, will the Drt800 or any other Dvd Tivos support it?

Second part to the question, does the Drt800 qualify for the $150 rebate for a Series 2 dvr?

Thanks and Happy Holidays,
    Kevin

2. rkester

rkester a rkester says what?

Jan 10, 2005
    tulsa area,...
    Yes. But its much easier to burn a DVD than to spend hours transfering video. (goes both ways)

3. one918

one918 New Member

Jul 25, 2003
    So. Cal.
    Yeah, the main reason I want the Tivo to go is for the upcoming PSP and Ipod support.

Thanks for the answer, much appreciated.

4. netserf57

netserf57 New Member

Nov 7, 2005
    Severn, MD
    what do you mean "goes both ways"?

The DRT-800 is eligible for the rebate - I got it in November.
    I understand that you can only burn DVD's from files recorded on the DVR - and not from ones transferred to it using TiVo to go but I have direct experience.

5. rkester

Jan 10, 2005
    tulsa area,...

Advertisements

Well, the iPod video support is easy enough. Make a DVD from the unit, put the DVD into your Mac/PC, rip it into iPod video format.

However, if the T2G stuff can do the conversion itself to ipod video format, that would make it worth using by itself (and since the files for ipod video are lots smaller, the transfers would be much faster).

Rebate.... I believe yes. It appears that you can either get 12-months of service when you buy the unit and then get $150 back instantly (for $155 for the service) OR get a $150 rebate mailed to you if you dont get the service for 12months in advance.

6. rkester

Jan 10, 2005
    tulsa area,...
    "goes both ways" as in its faster to burn a DVD off the tivo to put content on the PC/mac as well as burning from the PC/Mac to a DVD to watch on the tivo. Instead of transfering.

I _think_ if you send content to the HUmax that is setup as MPG2 it can be burned to DVDs but I dunno why I'd want to do that when I can do what I said above, burn directly on the PC or Mac.

7. one918

one918 New Member

Jul 25, 2003
    So. Cal.
    What version number is the Drt800 on? Is it the same as standalones or a different verion? Can you run Galleon on it, although I'm not familiar with Galleon at all.

8. megazone

megazone Hardcore TiVo Geek

Mar 3, 2002
    .worcester.m...
    7.2.1a, same as the other standalones. And yes, it supports Galleon.

9. rkester

Jan 10, 2005
    tulsa area,...
    Some of Galleon's functionality was added with the recent upgrade but I like Galleon. Had problems with its music player but mostly it worked.

10. one918

one918 New Member

Jul 25, 2003
    So. Cal.
    Cool, guess I should get it this weekend!