Is anyone still home at Tivo?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jim _h, May 25, 2018.

1. jim _h

jim _h Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Got the email saying I need to update my credit card expiration date. I went to the 'manage' link, and got a message that "due to a system update" I'd have to change my password. Entered my email, clicked on "send temporary password" and got nothing. Waited 15 minutes, tried again, still nothing. Found Support page, clicked on the 'chat' link, nothing happened.

Apparently nothing on the web site still works, and my only option is to get in the phone queue. And I hate that.

UPDATE:
    Never got the emails. If you go to bottom of their main page, to "Contact Us", and click "Start Chat", nothing happens. Eventually I found another Support page with a different Chat link that actually worked. The support person I reached tried a couple of times to email me the temporary password with no success. Eventually he just gave it to me via the chat, and with it I was able to solve my problems.

I spent a total of about 30 minutes on the trivial task of changing a credit card expiration date.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  2. doconeill

doconeill Unix Guru

Dec 13, 2002
    West of Boston
    I just went through this. Haven't been able to log into the web site for days - kept saying my email address or password were incorrect, but they absolutely were. One time the "forgot password" link somehow shunted me to the reseller web site. When I got the correct one, after entering my email address I just got a "technical issue" error and to call.

I found the chat link, but I had to turn off the ad blocker to get it to work. I then got on the chat, and what they did was change the email address to an alternate email of mine and sent the temporary password there. I was then able to log in again.

3. snoop

snoop Member

Oct 9, 2002
    This snagged me as well. Tivo took an alternate email and that did send me a password, but I didn't want to use that email for my tivo account. Guy seemed to struggle to understand that I keep my personal email on one address and my business related stuff on another. He finally changed it back but it wouldn't send an email to that address on the change back to the original email.

Lots of excuses about technical problems. Hello? How can you have a screwed up web site for nearly a week and not have resolved it yet?!?

Mikeguy likes this.