Is anyone here from the Dealdatabase days?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by km, Jul 7, 2020.

1. km

km Member

Dec 1, 2001
    Atlanta....

Advertisements

I was surprised when it disappeared and neglected to keep notes on some info I need.

2. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    It's gone again? It went away but then came back a while back. Wonder if it's for good this time?

Scott

3. oldirtr

oldirtr Member

Apr 25, 2020
  4. km

km Member

Dec 1, 2001
    Atlanta....
  5. Wil

Wil Unknown Member

Sep 26, 2002

Advertisements

Trouble is, by the time we knew it was going away, much of the content had already disappeared, over the last 5-7 years or so, some in dribs & drabs and some huge chunks just vanished. So any effort to comprehensively preserve (which I'm sure somebody did) had to start archiving a long time ago.

Some people want to, for example, update from an older system to the current 11.0N, without losing their TivoWeb settings, etc. The fine points of doing that were discussed many times, but it's all gone.

6. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    It's funny, for a long time you couldn't even type the word dealdatabase without it getting starred out like a swear word. I guess David changed his mind on that, or just forgot when he upgraded to the new forum software.

cwerdna likes this.
  7. km

km Member

Dec 1, 2001
    Atlanta....
    [QUOTE="Some people want to, for example, update from an older system to the current 11.0N, without losing their TivoWeb settings, etc. The fine points of doing that were discussed many times, but it's all gone.[/QUOTE]

This is me. i knew enough to safely do the upgrade, but then the Tivo decided to do one of the multi hour updating services, and that killed my access. So unless I want to take the disk out and find the right box to mount and edit the drive, I've lost Tivoweb. As I found out on another thread there really is no substitute for it on Series 3.

8. Wil

Wil Unknown Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Anybody want to try the other, other place?

I lost access during their software transition many years ago (and I had an outdated and unavailable email address) and never got back to it. Still there?