is a swm3dish compatible with a samsung s4080r

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by whitey418, Nov 17, 2011.

1. whitey418

whitey418 New Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I purchased a used s4080r had direct tv send me a new acces card and tried to activate it. The reciever goes through set up signal strength is great on odd transponders but not even. Gets to the configuration confirmation and says there is no signal. I have a d12 in that room right now and it works perfectly so i know there is a fine signal in the room. I was wondering if it could have something to do with my dish or if i got ripped off on this dvr. I spoke with directv and i now think 90% of the people that work their are morons. The lady said something must be wrong internally with my dvr and its confusing it self into thinking its getting a signal when its not? Any suggestions ideas anything, please let me know asap because i would really love to enjoy the luxury of a dvr. I only paid $35 for this unit so if its fried its not a major deal but i could have set the $35 on fire for way more entertainment then this glorified paper wait i have

2. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
  3. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    The answer to your question is "No". The 3-sat dish with built-in SWM is not compatible with any of the DirecTV TiVo boxes available in the past. Unlike the separate SWM modules, there is no "legacy" output from these dishes.