ir codes for samsung

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by knightkreed, Sep 16, 2007.

1. knightkreed

knightkreed New Member

Sep 16, 2007

Advertisements

the tivo can't change channels on my tv. Can anyone help?

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
  3. knightkreed

knightkreed New Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Are you reffering to the channel changing option in settings? If you are I have tried that and I have also tried restarting and setting it up from the beginning. I called tivo and they said that they don't have the ir codes for the samsung #3050 HD cable box and i should try here.

4. ebrill

ebrill New Member

Mar 11, 2008
    this is ridiculous- its been way too long with not a proper Ir code for the samsung 3050.
    TIVO get with the program. what is the correct code to use?

5. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.

Advertisements

TiVo doesn't (yet anyways) support digital OTA boxes, so has no reason to add codes for the box.

If you are talking of TV remote codes, TiVo cannot just add them to the remote.

6. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Des Moines. IA
    SA tivo remotes do not have tv ch keys and so do not have the commands. A directivo remote, has a SAT/TV switch, in which under TV the ch keys will work the to change tv ch's. This switch on SA tivo remotes is replaced with a DVR1/DVR switch.

Anyways directivo remotes are at least 3 years old, meaning their code database is too. Their will NEVER get anymore codes in the code database than they have now.

7. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    I see a universal remote (Harmony?) in your future. :)

8. ChrisNYC

ChrisNYC New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    Use the Pioneer codes for the Samsung 3050. Works for me. I upgraded to an HD Samsung box from an SD Pioneer and the Tivo changes channels just fine. I never changed the IR code.