iplayer has disappeared from catchup

Discussion in 'VirginMedia TV with TiVo - UK' started by Mizake, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Mizake

Mizake New Member

Dec 21, 2001
    Harrogate

Advertisements

Hello

On looking at the catchup/on demand options, I choose all channels and the ITV, Channel 4 and 5 players are shown but BBC's Iplayer is missing.

Anyone else had this problem?

Miz

2. Setekh

Setekh New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    I'd wondered about this a well, especially that there's no longer any info available through "explore this program", etc.

It seems it's deliberate - from the Virgin Media forum:

3. Zaichik

Zaichik New Member

Mar 21, 2002
    Hell on Earth
    I just came on to post about the lack of content in On Demand - seems this is the reason. I note that actual iPlayer ap is short of some content too. Half of the CBeebies shows are not available, for example.

4. Digital Fanatic

Digital Fanatic Virgin Media Staff

Feb 16, 2011
    Are they available on the web? There should be more content, not less.

5. Faz

Faz New Member

May 2, 2004
    London, UK

Advertisements

On the plus side I just read in the on-screen help (Consumer News I think) that playing content via the BBC iPlayer app uses "connected" and does NOT reserve 1 of 3 tuner slots! :)

6. mikerr

mikerr TiVoCentral.co.uk

Jun 2, 2005
    Lancashire, UK
    This is the BBC's fault, forcing VM to remove BBC content from anything other than the iplayer app :(

http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2011/04/07/bbc-iplayer-syndication-policy-begins-to-bite/

I think we've lost a great feature, as BBC iplayer content no longer comes up in searches in the standard TiVo GUI.

An interim solution would be to add a "search in iPlayer" link at the bottom of each page, similar to the existing "search in youtube"
    where it carries the search term over into the iPlayer app.

Presumably this has removed iplayer access from other VM boxes via catchup too, and they have to press red button on a BBC channel?

7. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    I think they're working towards a solution though.