iPhone App

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by tre74, Jul 16, 2011.

1. tre74

tre74 Member

Nov 11, 2010
    I'm enjoying the new App. Its nice, provided you are on your wireless network. Is it possible to use the VPN function of the iPhone to get into the network and send commands to the TiVo Premiere? I was curious if it would work. Not a big deal if it can't, seeing as how I cannot seem to be able to setup the VPN feature on my phone right now anyway. I await your questions, suggestions, comments and insults and thank you all for your time. Cheers!

2. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    I just tried on my iPhone and it didn't work over a VPN connection. I might not have my VPN setup properly for whatever traffic the app needs, though.

3. timatkn

timatkn New Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Got the app for my Ipod and works great so far. DOn't know yet if I can do anythig outside my network yet.

T

4. LoREvanescence

LoREvanescence Always Autocorrected

Jun 19, 2007
    Salem, MA
    I just installed the iphone app. Works Real good except for My Shows. When ever I click that tab I get a bonk and it tells me: "My Shows: This functionality is available only for TiVo Premiere DVRs."

umm, I only have a Premiere. Any one else experience this / have gotten it to work?

5. fred_spasm

fred_spasm New Member

Jun 19, 2007
    I tried this app on my new ipod, but it won't connect to my premiere.
    I tried several times.
    I thought maybe it will only work with an iphone, but an ipod was mentioned in this thread.
    I also pressed the "sign in to tivo.com" bar, but it went back to trying to connect to my box.

6. True Colors

True Colors Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Which app are you guys referring to? Is it roomie?

TC

7. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL