Iphone App & Netflix

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by WebFusion, May 27, 2012.

1. WebFusion

WebFusion New Member

May 27, 2012

Advertisements

Hello,

I recently installed my first Tivo in years (Tivo Premier XL) in order to drop my $175 a month Direct TV. With all the great OTA reception I'm getting, combined with Hulu/Netflix, I'm very impressed.

I downloaded the Iphone app today - and it is absolutely awesome! I particularly like the way you can launch directly into an episode of a show on Hulu right from the app (i.e. "get from" hulu sends you right to that episode on Hulu).

However, when I try the "get from" option for netflix, instead of sending me directly to that show/episode (which it says it is doing in the App), it launches the main netflix app and just sits at the main screen.

Is there a setting I am missing, or is this a problem with the netflix app?

2. mrizzo80

mrizzo80 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    I think Margret said there is no API hook to go directly from Tivo to a specific episode in the new Netflix app. The iPhone app will have the same limitations as the Tivo itself.

It doesn't make a lot of sense that the API would not contain the ability to go to a specific episode (going directly to a movie works fine). Hopefully this can be added in a future software update.