Ipad2, Tivo Premiere don't talk????

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Rogoflap, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Rogoflap

Rogoflap New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    I have my Tivo Premiere hooked up via a direct cat 5 cable to my wireless Router.

My Ipad2 is connected via the Wireless part of my router. When I run the Ipad App, it cannot see the Tivo Premiere.

I have enabled Netowrk Remote on the tivo. I have went to tivo.com and scheduled a few showw to be recorded and they are recording. So the Tivo is on the internet.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rog

2. MC Hammer

MC Hammer New Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Try rebooting your Premiere. I had the same issue with the iPhone app - rebooting the box made it discoverable for some reason.

3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Go to tivo.com and login to your account and go under DVR Preferences, check the boxes under TRANSFERS and DOWNLOADS. Next, have the TiVo connect to the TiVo Service. You should have a Media Access key on your account, tivo, and whereever you want transferred.

4. Tony Chick

Tony Chick Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Sherman...
    I have the same issue, if I go into settings on the iPad 2, disable WiFi then re-enable it, I can connect to the Premiere once. If it loses connection, I need to repeat the procedure. I've changed Routers with no improvement, my suspicion is that its because the Premiere is connected to a Gigabit switch, I'm going to temporarily swap that with a 10/100 and see what happens