iPad software thinks my premiere is not!

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by BL, May 19, 2011.

1. BL

BL Member

Oct 15, 1999
    Falmouth, Maine
    I have read the posts about the iPad software not finding Tivos, but my issue is that the software finds the TiVo but thinks it's not a Premiere. What do I change to make it work? I have turned Bluetooth off as well as cellular data. Is there anything else I need to do?

Any info is appreciated.

2. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Are you running the most recent version of the iPad app? I was under the impression they fixed that problem.

3. vurbano

vurbano Member

Apr 20, 2004
    My ipad2 works perfectly with my Premieres.

4. BL

BL Member

Oct 15, 1999
    Falmouth, Maine
    I just downloaded it, so I hope I have the current version. Do you have the ID for the current version so I can confirm?

5. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    The latest iPad app version is v1.2(2552).

6. BL

BL Member

Oct 15, 1999
    Falmouth, Maine
    That is the version I am using. It finds the Tivo, but just thinks it is an older Tivo version than the Premiere. Does it matter that we have a "G" router? Does it matter that we are using the SD Menus? (I can't think of any reason the menus would matter)

7. FierceDeityLink1

FierceDeityLink1 New Member

May 6, 2011
    I have the same problem. Either it asks me to reboot it (which I have many times) or thinks that it's not a Premiere. 802.11n 5GHz, 2.4GHz, 802.11g, etc. doesn't matter.

8. Tony Chick

Tony Chick Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Sherman...
    I have to either reboot the iPad 2 or turn WiFi Off then On to get it to work and even then its not consistent. When the iPad goes to sleep, it loses connection then I have to repeat the process. My Premiere is on the Wired network and the iPad on the Wireless N but the same router.

9. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I had this problem in the first version. It hasn't happened since the last update.

10. BL

BL Member

Oct 15, 1999
    Falmouth, Maine
    So, no suggestions for a workaround on this?

11. bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007
    Do you have network remote on your tivo enabled?

12. Cspot

Cspot Member

May 25, 2001
    SW Ohio...
    I had the same problem, but after I rebooted TiVo, all has been well.

13. BL

BL Member

Oct 15, 1999
    Falmouth, Maine
    I do have the network remote enabled. I have tried rebooting, but no success yet.

14. boosf

boosf BooSF

May 26, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    I recently swapped out my older TiVo for a new Premiere and experienced the same issue with the iPad app. After rebooting both my iPad and TiVo, nothing seemed to help. However, two days later, the app started working just fine. Not sure why. Perhaps it took a couple days for the system to settle down.

15. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    For those of you still having this issue, what kind of router are you using?

16. jbell73

jbell73 Member

Oct 31, 2006
    BL - Just reboot your premiere (if you haven't already).

Don't ask my why, but this solved the issue with my Premieres.

EDIT: Sorry, looks like you have tried rebooting. Did you already add the MAK into the TiVo App? Tivo also suggests uninstalling the TiVo app, and then re-installing it on the iPad.

17. Tony Chick

Tony Chick Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Sherman...
    D-Link DIR-655 router, with 2 gigabit switches between it and the Premiere
    Works once after a reboot of the iPad or turning WiFi off/on

In my case it looks like a Bonjour issue. I put a Bonjour browser onto the iPad and after a reboot it sees the Premiere's entries along with a bunch of others from other devices. Once it fails, the Tivo entries disappear but the others remain. Reboot the iPad and they come back.