iPad App. Major issues...please help

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by jdaniels1982, May 26, 2012.

1. jdaniels1982

jdaniels1982 New Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Long Island, NY

Advertisements

I have been using the TiVo App for my IPad and IPhone for most of the last year with no problem. Today I Started the app and it told me I needed to enable the network Remote Control. I followed the instructions to do this and it turned out the TiVo was already set....so why does it keep telling me on the iPad and phone that it needs to be enabled. I tried everything I can think of, and it just won't let me past the menu to enable the Network Remote Control.

Please help
    Joe

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    If your TiVo(s) recently got the "Spring" update you have to make sure you are using very recent (latest) version of iOS app since TiVo tightened authentication with that release.

3. andyf

andyf Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2000
    Houston,...
    Also check your iPad hasn't jumped to an unsecured network near you. My iPad wouldn't connect and it turned out it had jumped to one of my neighbors unsecured wireless network.

4. compnurd

compnurd Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Also make sure your Tivos didnt lose there names... if they did rename them and re boot

5. jdaniels1982

jdaniels1982 New Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Long Island, NY

Advertisements

I was able to figure it out. I believe the issue had to do with the spring update. I restarted the tivo, and also deleted and re-installed the app and it seemed to pair up ok

thanks for all the advice!