ipad app doesn't see any tivos

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by johnner1999, Jul 10, 2011.

1. johnner1999

johnner1999 Guest

Oct 26, 2002
    afternoon

I have two TiVo Premiere boxes, one just updated to 14.8u2 and one is still on 14.5 -- both jave remote networking turned on and both are flagged in my tivo account to share/transfer.

iPad app is newest version

set up:
    iPad is on wifi
    Both tivos are hardwired via ethernet
    connected to same network home router - Belkin.

If it helps my 2 direcTV dvr's can been seen by DirecTV's app on the same iPad.

2. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Did you restart your Tivo's and router?

3. johnner1999

johnner1999 Guest

Oct 26, 2002
    yes to both.... :(

4. jbcheshire

jbcheshire Member

Jun 6, 2006
    Yeah, i was wondering about the iPad app detecting the Premiere units being hardwired to my home network. I have two Premiere units, one on wi-fi and the other on ethernet cable. The iPad app can ONLY detect the one that is wi-fi. I have never been able to get it to detect the hard-wired unit. Is this the way it is supposed to work? I thought you could see them regardless of how they were connected as long as everything was on the same network...

5. Johnwashere

Johnwashere Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    I had to restart my tivo for mine to work. I never had any issues locating the tivo with the previous apps. The apps is still a little buggy, but im still glad we have it.

6. jenz

jenz New Member

Sep 19, 2009
    I have one hardwired another "hardwired" but really via a wireless bridge, and the TiVo app sees both just fine. I had to make sure to enter my MAK into the app, as just using my login information did not work.