iPad app chooses wrong channel when recording

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by hizhonor, Jan 22, 2013.

1. hizhonor

hizhonor Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Ferguson, MO

Advertisements

I'm enjoying the latest version of the iPad app. Even with my Series 3, there's a lot of funtionality. However, when setting season passes, it chooses the lowest available channel regardless of what's selected in the pull down.

For example, I'm on Charter and NBC is at 705. I also have an antenna so it is also available at 5.1. Attempting to set a season pass, the app will select 5.1 everytime instead of the cable equivilant.

Is this a known "feature" or is there a nut loose on the keyboard?:confused:

Thanks,

Steve

2. csm10495

csm10495 Badoop Badoop!

Nov 15, 2008
    I don't have the iPad app, but I know that when I set a recording from TiVo.com it gives me an option as to which channel I want the program to record on. (ex: NBC HD 504 or NBC 4) If the app doesn't give the option (or it doesn't work :rolleyes:), then you could deselect the channel in the TiVo's channel options menu, so that it won't try to use that channel. If you are going to do that just make sure your season passes and recordings are on the correct channel.

3. hizhonor

hizhonor Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Ferguson, MO
    I do get the drop down menu. Regardless of what channel choice I choose, it records from the lowest selection.

I suppose I could deselect the Antenna variants leaving just the cable choice, but I like having my antenna choices handy for easy flipping when checking PQ. The app also seems to ignore the favorites filter and defaults to all channels.

Thanks for the response.

Steve