IP address on HR10-250

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by phoneaholic, Mar 28, 2006.

1. phoneaholic

phoneaholic New Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Hi,

Newbee here. I need to change my network configuration on my home network. I don't know how to change the IP address on my HR10-250. I don't even use it so if I could even do away with the network option and let it make it's daily call to DirecTV, that would be okay too. Any help would be appreciated.

When I bought this, they set up the IP address for me. I can't get in contact with them any more. Can you help?

Thank you in advance!

Dan :confused:

2. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    Upstate...
    buy a hacked tivo on Ebay?
    regardless of whether you did or not, the unit doesn't need to make a daily call if it's hacked and if it was hacked properly it won't complain. Just unhook the network cable and be done.

3. phoneaholic

phoneaholic New Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Yes, I bought it hacked by an authourized Directv dealer. He hacked it for me so I could download movies onto my pc. Now I have to change my home network configuration (for work purposes). I would like it to be able to make a call to Directv for the new software upgrades when available. I can access the tivo through hackman, but don't know how to do what I want.

Thank you for your quick response.

Dan

4. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    Upstate...
    ok IF we ever get a software update on those units and I doubt we will, you are going to have to jump through significant hoops to get an update to take place on a hacked tivo.
    it will be easiest to just purchase a new image from ptvupdrade and start over.