1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iOS App No Longer Supports Series 3

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by RoadHazard, Oct 12, 2018 at 11:54 AM.

1. RoadHazard

RoadHazard New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    Pacific...
    The latest update to the TiVo iOS app no longer supports the Series 3 HD, nor any older TiVo boxes. Unfortunately, there's no way to downgrade to the previous version of the app, or even to freeze your iPhone/iPad at the current version. We're screwed. Say goodbye to the iOS app.

I spoke with TiVo Tech Support and they confirmed it: Older TiVo boxes are no longer supported by the iOS app (nor Android, presumably). That's the end of the line for the iOS app. I'm really unhappy about that. :-(

2. catperson

catperson Member

Dec 20, 2001
    Philly/Tampa
    TIP: Don't select your Series 3 box "just to see if it will work" because it won't AND you will get into a state where you cannot change to a different box. Restarting the app doesn't help. You have to delete and reinstall.

I'm very unhappy about this, too. We have four active Tivo boxes with lifetime and I use the app to set things up to record on the S3 all the time. sigh ...

kathy

3. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Interesting that the last iOS version still supported the S3/HD TiVo's as on Android you had to use the old version of the app and even that stopped working a while back around the time that support on TiVo Online went away so not surprised that they've dropped support in the new version.

Scott