iOS App No Longer Supports Series 3

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by RoadHazard, Oct 12, 2018.

1. RoadHazard

RoadHazard New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    Pacific...
    The latest update to the TiVo iOS app no longer supports the Series 3 HD, nor any older TiVo boxes. Unfortunately, there's no way to downgrade to the previous version of the app, or even to freeze your iPhone/iPad at the current version. We're screwed. Say goodbye to the iOS app.

I spoke with TiVo Tech Support and they confirmed it: Older TiVo boxes are no longer supported by the iOS app (nor Android, presumably). That's the end of the line for the iOS app. I'm really unhappy about that. :-(

2. catperson

catperson Member

Dec 20, 2001
    Philly/Tampa
    TIP: Don't select your Series 3 box "just to see if it will work" because it won't AND you will get into a state where you cannot change to a different box. Restarting the app doesn't help. You have to delete and reinstall.

I'm very unhappy about this, too. We have four active Tivo boxes with lifetime and I use the app to set things up to record on the S3 all the time. sigh ...

kathy

3. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Interesting that the last iOS version still supported the S3/HD TiVo's as on Android you had to use the old version of the app and even that stopped working a while back around the time that support on TiVo Online went away so not surprised that they've dropped support in the new version.

Scott

4. alvincool

alvincool New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I can understand dropping support in a new version if it conflicts with a newer model, but to disable login from previous versions has zero to do with application support and everything to do with cutting any and all convenience from lifetime licenses they want shut down.