1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iOS App Drops Support for Older TiVos

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by RoadHazard, Oct 12, 2018 at 12:06 PM.

1. RoadHazard

RoadHazard New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    Pacific...
    The TiVo app on my iPhone stopped working this week. Apparently there was an update to the app overnight, and -- guess what? -- my Series 3 HD is no longer supported.

Just like that, the iOS app is now useless. And, since you can't downgrade to the previous version or stay at the current version, there's no recourse. Support for older boxes is just gone. Last week it worked fine; now it's not supported.

A quick chat with TiVo Tech Support conforms this. Older TiVo boxes are no longer supported in the iOS app, and there's no chance to downgrade to the previous version. A perfectly good and useful app just stopped working for no apparent reason. Thanks for that, TiVo. :-(

2. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Testimonial on why one shouldn't enable automatic app updates. With the TiVo app I always wait to find out whether there are any problems with the update app.

BTW, don't take TiVo support confirming it doesn't work as gospel. There may be another issue.

PSU_Sudzi and cwerdna like this.
  3. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Beside the above problem, for the OP, I'm hitting TiVo iOS app 4.1.0 crashing on launch on iPad Pro 10.5", iOS 12.0.

I have auto update of apps turned off on all my personal iOS devices, but on my iPads, which I don't use as much, I usually just tap Update All, most of the time. I guess I shouldn't have for the TiVo app. :(